Facilitator Train the Trainer Course
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE: 117871 Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies
- ETDP SETA registered and accredited. Click here to confirm our accreditation.
- NQF Level 5, total of 10 Credits.
- US 117871
- Minimum requirements by the SETA for facilitation.
- Generic course that can be used in any SETA or sector.
- Minimum requirements for Training Provider Accreditation.
- On completion learners will be registered with SAQA on the NRLD database.
- Duration of 3 days + FORUM Support.
- Manned helpdesk 7 days a week.
- Only make use of leading edge facilitators with years of expertise in this field.
- We members of the Association for Skills Development in South Africa.
- We regret that support is limited to individuals who successfully completed the course with TRAINYOUCAN only.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This unit standard will provide recognition for those who facilitate or intend to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies. Formal recognition will enhance their employability and also provide a means to identify competent learning facilitators.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
Plan and prepare for facilitation;
Facilitate learning; and
Evaluate learning and facilitation.
Bookings through coursesdirect.co.za
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide training.
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
1. Practitioners are required to demonstrate that they can perform the specific outcomes with understanding and reflexivity. However, at this level they will have internalised the “rules” or principles, which inform what they do, and will not longer be operating consciously with such rules.
2. The specific outcomes should be performed in line with an established approach for facilitating learning using a variety of methodologies. At this level practitioners should be able to describe two alternative facilitation methodologies, to explain how their performance would differ when using the different methodologies, and to justify their choice of methodology.
3. At this level, practitioners should be able to relate knowledge beyond their occupational and ETD competences to the performance of the ETD competence described in this standard.
Specific Outcomes and Assessment Criteria:
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
Plan and prepare for facilitation.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 3
Evaluate learning and facilitation.
UNIT STANDARD ACCREDITATION AND MODERATION OPTIONS
1. Assessors for this unit standard must be registered with the relevant ETQA.
2. Providers of learning towards this unit standard must be accredited through the relevant ETQA by SAQA.
3. Moderation of assessment will be overseen by the relevant ETQA according to the moderation guidelines in the relevant qualification and the agreed ETQA procedures.
UNIT STANDARD ESSENTIAL EMBEDDED KNOWLEDGE
The following knowledge is embedded within the unit standard, and will be assessed directly or implicitly through assessment of the specific outcomes in terms of the assessment criteria:
The sector and workplace skills plans.
At least three methodologies for facilitating learning.
Strategies, techniques and activities for using the kinds of support materials and/or equipment appropriate to facilitation methodologies.
Methods for evaluating learning and facilitation.
Psychology of group dynamics.
Outcomes-based approach to learning.
Forms of practice that promote the values described in the Bill of Rights and the principles underpinning the National Qualifications Framework and Employment Equity Act.
Supplied by TRAINYOUCAN Accredited Training Network